Monday, January 23, 2012

Rocking the Headwrap!

I have been loving headwraps lately.  With this cold and rainy weather we are getting here in Atlanta, this is a great protective style for our natural tresses and can be fashion forward if worn properly. 


There are so many different styles, colors and methods to being beautiful in a headwrap.  I am learning how to match fabrics to my style especially if I want to change up my look for a day or two, protect my hair and look nice doing it.


.

When I see a headwrap, it has a royal elegant appeal.   I cannot relegate headwraps to one religion or movement because I believe anyone can look nice in one if they desire to. Although the history of the headwrap can go back to slavery and the mammy being ordered by the master to keep her head covered.  This is just one aspect that should not diminish other aspects that make it beautiful.


I also believe African Queens and Princesses wore headwraps prior to coming to the states which was symbol of honor and royalty.


Headwraps command a second glance and some admiration because they are regal and chic!  I admire a woman who can challenges the norm and dress in an artistic expression of who they are inside vs what is expected of them to fit in with everyone else.   

Partial headwraps are gorgeous as well because it allows parts of your hair to be exposed and adds a nice casual earthy feel to your outfit of the day-- yet it is still quite stylish.



At the end of it all, it's about the attitude and how you coordinate your headwrap which makes up the complete look.  

Be blessed in your daily expression of your style. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment